Minnesota Fences >> Wood Fence vs Vinyl Fence in Minnesota
Choosing between wood and PVC vinyl for your residential fence can be difficult for many Minneapolis St Paul homeowners. Many factors are part of your decision, and your choice can make a big difference in your fence’s appearance, cost, maintenance and lifespan. At Town & Country Fence, we want you to have all the facts you need to make the best choice for your property. We proudly offer high quality Western Red Cedar fencing materials, along with Vinyl fencing.
We invite you to look through our photo gallery below for Wood Picket & Privacy Fences and Vinyl Picket & Privacy Fences:
Whether you’re installing your own fence or having our fence contractor build it for you, consider the following characteristics:
- Fence Price – Wood fencing materials are generally less expensive than equivalent PVC Vinyl materials. Installation costs are comparable for both types of fences. When thinking about cost, also keep in mind the lifespan of both types of fence and maintenance costs over time. In the long run, it’s cost per year that determines the true cost of your fence.
- Fence Appearance – Wood fencing provides a natural, traditional appearance that can’t be duplicated by any other type of fencing. With its organic texture and natural variations, every wood fence is unique. Paintable and stainable, a wood fence provides maximum customizing possibilities, both in color and design. PVC Vinyl fencing is available in a wide variety of designs, textures, and colors, and provides the uniformity of appearance that many homeowners prefer.
- Fence Design – Wood fences can be built in almost any form, since the fence materials are easily shaped with simple tools, and can be built to follow even complex landscaping contours. This allows maximum flexibility of fence design. PVC Vinyl fences are generally limited to the designs available, but today’s quality vinyl fences are available in a remarkable array of designs to suit almost any taste.
- Durability – A properly built and maintained wood fence can enhance your property for many years, and Western Red Cedar fence materials have excellent resistance to decay, and weather gracefully. PVC Vinyl fences, on the other hand, generally offer longer overall life for your fence. This longer life can offset the higher initial cost of a vinyl fence.
- Maintenance – Left in their natural state, wood fences age gracefully over time, slowly changing in color and texture as the years go by. If you choose to paint or stain your wood fence, renewing these finishes will be a necessary maintenance chore. Today’s PVC Vinyl fencing resist weather, sunlight, and other environmental challenges to stay looking the same for decades. You need only wash your fence to restore its appearance.
- Sustainability – Western Red Cedar fencing is an environmentally sustainable material. Modern forestry technology provides a sustainable source of red cedar that will never run out. PVC Vinyl Fencing is a petroleum-based material, but may also incorporate post-consumer recycled materials.
- Fence Installation – Whether you’re installing your new fence yourself or having our fence builder install it, both wood and PVC Vinyl fences install quickly and easily, and in about the same amount of time.
If you are unsure about whether a wood fence or a vinyl fence is the best fit, talk with one of our fence experts and we will be happy to answer your questions and help you make an informed decision. We will be happy to provide a free on-site estimate and compare the cost of installing a wood or vinyl fence. As one of the largest Minnesota fence companies, we offer deep discounts of building materials not available from other contractors. Our sales staff can explain how much you can save.
Minnesota Fence Contractor for Wood & Vinyl Fencing – Minneapolis St. Paul
At Town & Country Fence, we know that every Minnesota fence and every homeowner is unique, so we offer a complete range of fencing choices to our customers. We’ve selected the very best materials available and our expert fencing consultants are always ready to help you to make the choices that are perfect for your needs. You can preview fence choices right here on our website to see what’s possible. Then, come into our Minneapolis showroom, and you can see the actual fencing materials and get the answers you need to help you make choices to match your plans and budget. Or contact us for a free fencing consultation at your location. Whether you build your own fence or have our experienced crews install your fence, Town & Country Fence is dedicated to helping you create the perfect fence.