How Fences Are Built – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
When you choose our company to build your fence, you’ve chosen a fence contractor with an outstanding reputation for quality products and services. Since 1983, we’ve been serving our Twin Cities customers with a single goal: To deliver the highest quality in our products and services. Every new installation requires its own unique methods and techniques. Our highly skilled crews have the long experience and training needed to construct every fence properly, efficiently, and beautifully. In Minnesota’s harsh winter climate, special attention must be paid during the building process to ensure a durable, long lasting fence that looks as good years down the road as it does the day it’s installed. Our excellent Better Business Bureau A+ Rating demonstrates our unmatched commitment to customer satisfaction. Although no two projects are the same, here are some of the common steps during the construction process:
- Local Permits – We will discuss with you the proper permits from your local city government and make sure all building codes and rules are strictly followed.
- Utility Location – Before we begin an installation, all public utilities on your property will be properly located to prevent any damage during the construction process.
- Layout – We’ll lay out your fence with you to make sure it is properly located on your property. Post positions will be accurately marked and alignment triple checked. Where uneven terrain exists on the property, compensation is carefully planned and carried out.
- Post Setting – Fence posts must be set deep to accommodate the cold winter weather in Minnesota, reaching below the frost line to prevent frost heaving and movement. Proper anchoring, spacing, and alignment will be checked and rechecked. Every post must be perfectly vertical and precisely aligned to insure a straight, even fence.
- Construction – Depending on the type of material, we install pre-fabricated panels between posts, or install rails and pickets or boards. Rustproof fasteners are used throughout, to prevent the ugly rust stains that appear on improperly built fences. Spacing and alignment are double-checked constantly during construction.
- Gate Installation – When we install gates, we take special care to make sure they open and latch properly and are perfectly aligned. In many cases, special reinforced posts prevent later sagging or misalignment. For driveway gates, even more care is required, and we install any automatic gate openers exactly to specifications.
- Finishing Work – Installing accessories, such as finials, post caps, and other items and checking alignment, post height, and correcting any issues completes the construction. We invite the property owner to inspect the fence carefully, and correct any issues found during that inspection.
- Cleanup – Before leaving, we clean up all debris, redistribute any disturbed soil, and make certain the new fence and property look their best.
How Long Does It Take to Build a Fence?
Construction time depends on many factors, including the length of the fence, the type of material, whether an existing fence must be demolished and removed, and the nature of the property and soil. We’ll be able to estimate construction time accurately for your particular project before beginning, but a typical residential fence can be built in an average of two or three days, once permits are obtained and utilities are located. Our courteous, friendly construction crews use the latest equipment for maximum efficiency, and have the training and experience needed to install your fence as efficiently as possible. We’ll also make every effort not to unduly disturb you or your family during construction.
Minnesota Residential and Commercial Fence Builder in Minneapolis St. Paul
At our Twin Cities fence building company, completely satisfying every customer is always our number one priority. Our high-quality materials and skilled installation assures you that the best product you can find anywhere, whatever its type. We purchase large quantities of building materials from manufacturers and receive volume discounts not available to most contractors. Our savings mean lower cost for our valued customers. We are committed to providing durable products at affordable prices for all fences.
We stake our legendary reputation on every installation, and we’re not satisfied until you’re satisfied. That’s our promise to you. Since 1983, many of our customers have become repeat customers, and refer their friends and neighbors to our company. Come into our convenient Brooklyn Park showroom, take a close look at samples of our top-quality materials, and discuss your project with one of our consultants. Or browse the pages of our website and discover a design and style that suits your needs and property and contact us for a free consultation and quote at your location. We’d love to show you why we have earned our stellar reputation across Minnesota.