Minnesota Fence Installation >> How to Choose a Fence Contractor
When you’re planning to have a contractor to supply and install your new fence, making the right choice will assure you that your fence will be installed properly, using the materials you’ve chosen, and that it will enhance your home for years. If you choose the wrong company, you could be in for a long bumpy ride. Your new fence is a sizable investment for your property, so making the right choice is important. Here are some guidelines to help you be sure the fence contractor you hire will deliver top-notch products and services, cutting no corners on quality, durability, and beauty you demand and deserve:
- Longevity in Business – Ask how long the contractor you’re considering has been building fences in the Twin Cities metro area. The longer a company has been in business, the more likely they are to have built up a strong reputation for quality and value. We have been serving Minnesota homeowners and business owners since 1983, and our business has grown each year through word-of-mouth referrals by our satisfied customers.
- Licensing – Ask any builder you’re considering to show you their license. Hiring an unlicensed contractor to install your fence is always risky, and gives you few ways to get things made right if there’s a problem. Our company is always happy to show customers our license issued by the state of Minnesota. We’re also members of the American Fence Association.
- Permanence – Does the company have an actual business location you can visit? Some fencing contractors work from their backyard, and can’t show you a warehouse of materials or samples of materials. In contrast, we invite you to visit our Brooklyn Park showroom and warehouse, to examine actual materials and to talk to our experienced, knowledgeable sales staff. We’ve been in the same location for many years.
- Insurance – Anytime workmen come to your home or place of business to complete a job for you, proper insurance is a must. If your property is damaged or a workman is injured on the job, an uninsured installer means that you can be left with the costs. We maintain liability and other insurance that protects you from such issues.
- Reputation – Contact your local Better Business Bureau to check on any builder you’re getting a bid from. The BBB ranks local companies and maintains records of complaints. We have a stellar A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau. We’re proud of that rating, and work hard to maintain it. Ask friends and neighbors about their experiences, too. Since we’ve installed many tens of thousands of fences in the Twin Cities metro area, we’ve probably installed some for people you know.
- Cost Estimates – You should expect your fence contractor to provide an accurate price estimate for your new fence installation at absolutely no charge to you. Be very wary of companies that ask you for an estimate fee and promise you a future credit if they get your business. We are always happy to provide an accurate estimate for your project at no charge to you.
- Installers – Ask who will actually be installing your fence. At big box stores and other outlets, installers are often selected, almost at random, from a list of subcontractors. Not all installers are the same, and you don’t get to make the choice. At our company, your fence will be installed either by our own experienced, efficient employees or by trusted subcontractors we’ve worked with many times and who are supervised by us. Quality, efficiency, and courtesy are assured with us.
We know that price is one of the important factors in your decision on which company to hire. Sometimes, the lowest bidder may not be the best choice. The price should factor in the lifetime’s cost, not just the initial cost. The prices that we offer for our fences, gates and accessories are some of the lowest in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area. When you hire us for supplies and installation, you never have to compromise quality for low price. We lower our cost by buying large quantities of building materials and our customers surely appreciate the savings that we pass on to them.
Most Trusted Fence Contractor in Minneapolis St. Paul
Since the founding of our company, our unmatched reputation has been something we’re proud of. From our experienced sales team and our management staff to our experienced, efficient installation crews, your complete satisfaction is always our top priority. Our reputation is on the line with every job, so your project, large or small, is treated as a top priority. Contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation and price estimate, or visit our Brooklyn Park showroom to discuss your plans and see the actual materials and make your selection.