Twin Cities Fence Supplies >> DIY vs Professional Installation
Many Minnesotans are proud of their skills at do-it-yourself home improvement projects. Building or installing a fence is one of those jobs that many homeowners, and even more commercial property owners take on for themselves. We are happy to work with you on the design, and supply and deliver the complete materials to your site. We can also assist you with advice and instructions. It’s a big part of our commitment to providing top-quality fence products and services at affordable prices in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area.
Over the years, though, we’ve also found that many people run into problems with DIY installation. When that happens, our installers have helped finish up a project that was just too big or too complicated for a build-it-yourself project. In many cases, hiring our professional installation crews is the way to go from the beginning. Here are some things to think about if you’re considering building your own fence:
- Planning – Every fence starts with a design diagram. Measure the area to be fenced carefully, and draw a rough diagram. Mark gates and other features on the sketch. Bring your diagram and ideas to our showroom and an expert can create a materials list that will include everything you need. We’ll also arrange fast delivery to your site.
- Type of Fence – DIY installations most often involve wood, PVC vinyl, composite, and chain link fencing. All of these materials are very suitable for DIY installation. For aluminum, steel and commercial security fences, professional installation is highly recommended.
- Size of Project – The larger the project, the more challenging. While a small picket fence can be a simple weekend project, a full-scale privacy fence surrounding a large backyard may be more than the average homeowner wants to take on.
- Number of Builders – In most cases, fence installation works best with a minimum of two people on the job. While most fences can be built by a single person, most of the tasks are much easier with two or more people. It can be tough to find a helper who will be available throughout the project.
- Skills – An experienced DIY fence builder probably has all the necessary skills. Depending on the fence type, carpentry skills are the most often needed, but a considerable amount of digging and other labor is also involved. In addition, the building process involves some tricks of the trade that speed up the job and make a fence look its best.
- Tools – Digging post holes, mixing concrete, stretching chain link fabric, and other tasks may require tools not owned by the average person. These tools can be rented, but the rental costs should be considered when making a decision. Ask our experienced staff what tools you’ll need.
- Time – A major fence project can eat up a lot of time. Most DIY installers underestimate the time it will take to complete the project, and time spent working on your fence is time you’re not spending on other activities. We can help you get a good idea of the time required.
- Information – Before committing to building your own fence, visit our convenient Brooklyn Park showroom. Check out the installation instructions we have available and assess what the job entails. Talk to one of our experts and ask questions about the job.
- Decision – Take your time in deciding whether to take on the project yourself. Consider all the factors above. If you decide to go ahead, you can rely on our Twin Cities fence supplies company to provide all the materials and advice you’ll need. If not, our professional installers can handle the job for you, almost always in much less time and with perfect results.
Click to see why our company the best place to start your DIY Fence Installation in Minnesota.
Whether you choose to install the fence yourself or have our experienced crew do the job, we offer highly competitive pricing on all materials. As the largest fence company in the Twin Cities, we handle large quantities of construction materials and receive manufacturers’ discounts not available to most contractors. Our savings mean lower cost to our customers for both DIY or full installations. We provide free price quotes whether you plan to build your own fence or hire us to build it.
Minnesota DIY Fence Installation Supplies Company – Minneapolis, St. Paul
Do-it-yourself builders all across Minnesota know that our fence company is their go-to source for the largest selection of materials. We’ve been the most reliable fencing supplier since 1983, and will go the extra mile to help you build the fence that meets all your specifications. If you decide to let us do the installation, though, you can count on our well-trained, efficient, professional installers to complete the job quickly, and at a price that will surprise you with its affordability. Contact us or visit our Brooklyn Park showroom and discuss your ideas with an expert. We’d love to help.