Minnesota Fence Builder >> Installation Checklist
One question we hear often is whether the homeowner or business owner needs to be present throughout the installation process. While it’s not necessary for you to be present for every aspect of the fence building, we do need you there when our installers show up for the first time. You’re more than welcome, of course, to observe the entire fence installing. But, we know that you have a busy life, so it’s not essential that you be there all the time. Here are some of the things we’ll determine at that time. Typically, the process takes just 15 minutes or so of your time, but that time helps assure you that your wishes are followed:
- Walking Around the Site – We’ll walk with you around the property, looking for issues that need input from you. This is a great time for you to ask any last-minute questions about the installation, and our foreman will be happy to give you the answers you need.
- Locating the Fence Line – We’ll ask you to show us exactly where the fence should go, including how far it should be from driveways, sidewalks and other features on your property. We’ll be glad to offer suggestions, too.
- Planning Gates – Where gates should be located is important, and we’ll be happy to put them exactly where you want them. Which way the gate should swing is another decision for you to make. We’ll mark those locations carefully.
- Fence Bottom Height – For most designs, the bottom of the fence can be adjusted in height when it is installed. Depending on lawns and other features, you may want your fence at a particular height from the surface. We’ll discuss that with you and get your preference, and help you with that decision.
- Post Hole Dirt – Most fence building involves digging postholes. That creates some excess dirt that has to be disposed properly. In most cases, posthole dirt remains on your property, but our fence builders can deal with it in more than one way. We’ll discuss your options with you and let you choose how to handle it.
- Plants and Landscape Features – During this walk around your yard, it’s very common to find plantings, tree roots, overhanging branches, and other things that encroach on your fence line. The lead installer will discuss each of those issues and work with you to find the best possible solutions.
Building New Fences in the Twin Cities, Minnesota
As Minnesota most reliable fence company, your complete satisfaction is as important to us as it is to you. Before beginning any new installation, our experienced fence builders will go through a checklist with you to finalize all the details of your project. Your help during that process is essential, and we’ll help you with any last-minute adjustments and can explain any issues and the ways they can be handled. It’s also a great time to meet our fence builders. Once that’s done, you can get on with your busy life, and our crew will get to work, building your new fence exactly the way you want it. Contact us soon for a free, no-obligation consultation and price estimate. We offer picket, privacy, ornamental and chain link fences with a wide range of materials, including wood, vinyl, aluminum and steel. Visit our convenient Brooklyn Center showroom to view the materials and to discuss your plans with one of our experienced experts.