Minnesota Fence Company >> How to Prepare for an Installation
One of the keys to success for the installation of any fence is proper preparation. Skipping steps in preparation can result in delays or other problems. As a top Minnesota fence building company, our staff is responsible for all preparations and coordinates within the company and with customers to make every job go as smoothly as possible and on schedule. Here we help you understand what need to be done prior to our installers’ arrival and starting our work so that everything will go according to plan. Some of the steps involved include:
- Planning – The whole process begins with careful planning. Working with you, we assist in helping you choose the type and style of fence you need. We’ll get accurate measurements of your property, either from you or at a consultation at your location, and create a materials list that includes all necessary components. We know that time spent in planning helps eliminate delays and assure that everything needed is on-site.
- Public Utility Location – We’re responsible for contacting the agency that locates electrical, gas, water, cable TV, telephone, sewer, and other utility lines on your property. Since we’ll be digging postholes, this is a must. Occasionally modifications in the project design may be needed. The property owner should not call for this service, since as your contractor, we are responsible for preventing damage to such utilities.
- Private Utilities Location – Other systems that may be buried on your property are your responsibility. Irrigation systems, electrical wiring to outbuildings, septic systems, drainage systems, natural gas lines to a pool, spa, or barbecue, low voltage outdoor lighting, and other systems are typical at many homes. Your salesperson will discuss all of these systems with you, and we will work with you to determine the best approach for handling these.
- Landscaping and Plants – When you’re working with your sales representative in creating a design for your new fence, one of the things discussed will be landscaping features at your home that may be along fence lines. Together, we’ll determine how any such issues will be handled. Along with this, we’ll discuss your property lines and how those may affect your design.
- Materials List – A complete materials list will be generated once the design is finalized. In most cases, we’ll have everything in stock. If items need to be ordered, we’ll make sure they’re on hand before our builders begin installing your fence. All materials will be delivered to your location just before our work starts.
- When Installation Begins – We’ll need you to be available at the beginning of your fence installation, to walk through the area and work out any issues and set the exact locations of gates and other issues. This doesn’t take long, in most cases.
As the leading fence supplies and installation contractor in the Twin Cities, we take extra steps to make our products and services affordable with highly competitive prices. The prices of our building materials and the cost of our fence installation service are among the lowest. Our high-volume purchasing power gives us deep discounts that are not available to most contractors.
Minnesota Fence Design and Construction Service in Minneapolis St. Paul Metro
You’re busy, and so are the crews at our fence company. Making every job go smoothly, from start to finish, means taking every step in the process at just the right time. When you consult with a salesperson from our company, we’ll go over every aspect of your project with you, and then keep that project on track, with everything handled according to schedule. We know that you want your new fence installed exactly as you ordered it and on-schedule. We have a tried-and-true system for helping make that happen. Contact Us soon for a free, no-obligation consultation and estimate for your project, or visit our Brooklyn Center showroom to get your project started.