Twin Cities Fence Company >> How Long Fence Installation Takes
One of the most common questions we hear at our Minnesota fence company is, “When will my fence be installed?” or “How long does it take to build it?” That’s only natural. Once a homeowner or business owner decides on the many factors that go into every project, they’re eager to know when the installation will be completed. Like all construction projects, building a fence has many steps, and our installers have been fine-tuning our process constantly since we opened for business in 1983. The good news is that your new fence can be built sooner than you may think, although many factors may affect the timeframe, including:
- Scheduling – As the leading fence contractor in Minneapolis St. Paul, the volume of new projects keeps us busy throughout the season. A detailed schedule is maintained for our crews, and our sales staff has regular meetings where they are advised about current schedules. At the time you make the purchase, your salesperson will be able to give you a good estimate of when construction will begin, although weather and other factors may affect the final schedule. Typically, we can start building your fence in about two weeks, but the timing will depend on the actual schedule at the time of your purchase.
- Coordination – Our staff will coordinate every project. They will communicate with you to finalize the scheduled start date, after determining our current workload.
- Preparations – Between the time you make your purchase and the time construction begins, many steps are involved. The materials must be selected and assembled for delivery to your site. If your fence is a special order, all materials are ordered for delivery to us before the installation begins. We will arrange for Twin Cities public utilities marking and will discuss the location of private utility lines, irrigation systems, and other issues with you in advance. Each project is followed closely during this stage to help prevent delays.
- Installation – You’ll be notified of an exact start date in advance. The property owner will need to be there for a short time at the beginning of the construction. The typical residential fence can be installed in two or three days. In some cases, another day or two may be required for concrete footings to set up properly. Posts, pickets, panels, boards and other materials will be delivered, and the installers will first put in posts. This step usually takes a day. Building the actual fence usually takes one additional day. For large projects, additional time will needed, but you’ll be kept informed throughout the process.
- Supervision and Completion – Each job will be closely supervised, with a constant eye on quality, and every aspect of the installation will be double-checked. After the fence is built, the area will be cleaned up and dirt from postholes will be handled as discussed with you in advance. Once you approve the completion, our crew will leave you to enjoy your new fence. At any time, you can call our customer service department for answers to any questions you may have.
Twin Cities Fence Contractor
Since 1983, we have been building wood, vinyl PVC, aluminum, steel and chain link fences for both residential and commercial properties in Minnesota. We also install security and barrier gates, turnstiles, automatic gate operators and interior cages and partitions. In every stage of your fence installation, you will be kept informed. Through long experience, we’ve fine-tuned our ordering, scheduling, and installation strategies to avoid delays and other problems. Our well-trained, experienced installers are dedicated to efficiency, quality, and are always respectful of you and your property. The result is a fence that is correctly installed with the least possible disruption of your busy life. Your satisfaction with the job is our top priority at all times. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation and cost estimate for your project or visit our Brooklyn Park showroom to talk to a member of our experienced sales staff.