Fence Installation Company >> Wood and Vinyl Privacy Fences
Home & Garden Specials
- $250 OFF Any Installed Red Cedar Wood Fence of $2,500 or More.
- $500 OFF Any Installed Vinyl Privacy Fence of $5,000 or More.
- Valid Through April 30th, 2017.
A well-designed wooden, composite or PVC vinyl privacy fence adds considerable value to your property, while protecting you and your family from view when you’re outdoors or inside your home. In addition, they protect you from having to view unsightly neighboring properties and add a strong measure of security for your safety and valuable possessions. Before building a privacy fence on your own or having one built for you by a quality Minnesota fence company, you face a number of decisions. There are a wide variety of designs, materials, and features to choose from. We offer the widest range of materials and design options available anywhere in the Minneapolis St. Paul metro area.
We invite you to look through our photo gallery below.
Here are some of the things to consider when planning your new privacy fence:
- Building Materials – Privacy fences are most commonly built of wood, PVC Vinyl, or Composite materials. Each offers unique features, ranging from the low cost of red cedar wood and the easy maintenance of PVC vinyl to the economy and environmentally sound features of composite materials. You can learn more about each type of fence right here on our website.
- Basic Designs – There are several types of privacy fence. Each basic design has features that suit it for different uses, along with many variations:
- Semi-Privacy Designs – With fence boards spaced slightly apart, this design provides good privacy, especially from a distance, while letting light and air flow through. Generally less expensive than other styles, they’re very popular with budget-minded homeowners.
- Shadow-Box Designs – Alternating fence boards on both sides, these fences offer the same appearance on both sides, letting air flow through. They’re a low-cost choice and please owners on both sides of the property.
- Single-Sided Designs – With this design, fence boards are all placed on one side of the fence, leaving the posts and rails visible on the other side. Economical, they usually mean that the inside of your yard faces the structure of the fence, with the finished side facing outward.
- Panel Fences – The fence boards are installed between a top and bottom rail, presenting the same appearance from both sides. This design needs more time to build and require more skills, but is often the most pleasing in appearance. They can be enhanced even more with lattice panels at the top and other extra features.
- Neighbors – In most cases, your privacy fence will also face one or more neighbors. It’s almost always necessary to involve your neighbors in the discussion prior to installation. In some jurisdictions special rules apply. Often it’s possible to arrange sharing the cost with a neighbor.
- Height – The most common height for privacy fences is between 5′ and 6′. Higher fences may be needed, depending on the surrounding properties. Often, these require special permits, depending on your city or other jurisdiction.
- Gates – Every fence needs at least one walk-through gate, but many owners incorporate multiple gates, or add a wide gate allowing storage and access for boats or other items. Gate designs for wide gates require special consideration, to prevent sagging or other problems.
- Making Design Decisions – Before deciding on a design, take the time to look at fences in your immediate neighborhood, and as you drive through your community. Then, look at the slide shows on this website’s pages for wood, vinyl, and composite fences. They’ll give you a great idea of the many possibilities.
Cost is always one of the factors that determines the design, building materials and accessories. As one of the largest fence installation and supply companies in Minnesota, we purchase large quantities of construction materials at discount prices that are not available to most contractors in the Minneapolis St. Paul area. Our savings are reflected in the low prices of our top-quality products. Since 1983, we have been committed to providing the best products at affordable cost.
Minnesota Top Privacy Fence Builder for Minneapolis St. Paul
Our company specializes in designing and installing wood, vinyl and composite privacy fences, and offers the widest range of designs, materials, and features you’ll find anywhere. Our slide show presentations of various designs are a great place to start. Each design has a number, whether you’re looking at wood, vinyl, or composite fences. With the numbers of the fences that interest you in hand, contact our Twin Cities fence company for a free consultation at your location. We’ll provide an accurate cost estimate for your project. Or visit our showroom 10 minutes from Minneapolis with the measurements of your property and see the actual products in person. Our sales staff will be happy to spend as much time as you need helping you make the best decision. Then, our hard-working, experienced installers can build your fence quickly, professionally, and beautifully for you.