Western Red Cedar Privacy and Barrier Fences – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
There are many reasons why homeowners in the Twin Cities area select full privacy fences for their properties. Whether a home is in a densely populated urban neighborhood or located in a development of large lots and spacious outdoor areas, owners often want to keep their outdoor activities and valuables from being observed by neighbors and passers-by. Often, too, they want to enjoy their outdoor activities without seeing nearby activities or unsightly areas.
Noise too, is often an issue in many residential settings and wood privacy fences act as an effective barrier to limit outside noise. When Minnesota’s weather brings strong winds, as it often does, a tall barrier fence keeps those winds from disturbing outdoor entertaining and more.
Wooden Fence Design Choices
A Western Red Cedar privacy fence is the most popular choice to provide privacy, security and safety. As Minnesota’s most trusted fencing contractor, many of the installations we make for our customers are in this category. Highly weather-resistant red cedar is strong, and is the natural material least prone to rotting and moisture damage. Here are some of the choices to consider when selecting a design for your property:
- Height – When privacy is the goal, most people choose a fence that is 6′ tall. Many cities and other jurisdictions have restrictions that require special permission for anything higher. Designs that incorporate lattice panels can reduce the fortress-like look of tall privacy fences and add opportunities for customization.
- Picket Width and Top Design – Either narrow or wide vertical boards or pickets can be used. By selecting the shape of the top of each picket, you have considerable control over the appearance of your fence. Flat tops, dog-eared pickets and more elaborate designs are available, and affect the total cost. Let us show you all choices.
- Post and Rail Choices – Since privacy fences present a solid barrier against wind, they require high strength and care in installation. The number of rails, post installation and construction techniques are important in the design. Our fence building company will discuss all options with you and help you make the best decisions to suit your needs and budget.
- Gates and Customization – Every fence needs gates, and we build strong, customized gates to match your design, both for pedestrian and vehicle use. We can also create customized post tops, add special features, like lattice panels, and provide hinges and latches in a variety of designs to help you create a unique design.
- Finish Choices – Western Red Cedar can be left unfinished, to weather slowly over the years to a silver gray color. That’s a popular choice for many property owners. A variety of sealers and stains can also be applied, often after the first year, to customize the overall appearance. Paint can also be used as a finish, but may require more maintenance than most owners prefer.
Through our careful, efficient installation process, we create customized fences that will provide beauty and protect residential properties for decades. Our competitive price quotes often surprise customers, who never believed that a beautiful cedar fence could be so affordable.
Best Choice in Wooden Fence Materials and Installation – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Since 1983, we’ve been the top choice among Twin Cities fence contractors and suppliers. Whether you’re planning to build your own fence or hire a contractor to build it for you, choosing us to supply the cedar materials and to install it professionally and efficiently, is a choice for quality and customer satisfaction. Our cost per foot for material and installation is highly competitive, but our quality and dedication to excellence have given us an unmatched reputation. Contact us for a free, on-location consultation and cost estimate, or visit our showroom in Brooklyn Park to discuss your plans. We’d love to meet you and help you protect your privacy and property.